Our Purpose

Our goal is to provide a spot for tested, successful, and meaningful activities for practical teachers to utilize. Look for these regular features in addition to weekly blog posts: Tech. Tip Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday (quote or picture with no additional narrative), Doodad Day (reviews of items we use in the classroom).


Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Where's that File?

Files, Files Everywhere - except where I need it!  Are you a teacher who works from home?  Do you do PD presentations in different locations?  Do you ever wish you had that file that's at home?    No more worries, there's a solution ... and it's FREE!

If you aren't familiar with Dropbox yet, you are in for a treat! No more need to e-mail a document to yourself. No more USB's needed to move files. And if a computer crashes, nothing is lost. Watch this YouTube video as an introduction:

Wherever you are, you can add to your Dropbox and get to it from your computers, phones, or tablets. You may edit docs, automatically add photos, and the changes or additions you make will be available everywhere you need them. 
*Note: I have Dropbox, but have not tried the share feature YET*   So here's the bonus:  You can share photos, files, etc. with your chosen colleagues (or family) as if you're using the same computer. Everything's automatically private, so you control who sees what.
Oh the possibilities!  You get 2 GB of storage for FREE.  That is likely enough for most teachers who are starting out, or those of you who are good enough to clean out the files now and then.  I personally had 2GB before adding anything new or start sharing.  So I upgraded my account to get more space.  If you are interested, go to www.dropbox.com   I hope you enjoy this gem as much as I have! 
~Andie

1 comment:

  1. Love Dropbox! I signed up a few weeks ago and so far, I've accessed it on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 & Samsung Note 2 phone,as well as my pc. I'm curious if I will be able to access it from school, because our security system rivals the pentagon's :) I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete